Creating a Culture of Service: Your Role Beyond the Classroom
ELearning & Development professionals play a vital role in creating and sustaining a culture of service within an organization, and a great deal of the work consist of what they do after participants leave classroom training. During this session we’ll define what a service culture looks, sounds, and feels like in world-class organizations; assess common barriers that may be preventing your organization from creating a service culture; and explore strategies and best practices for reinforcing service behaviors beyond the classroom. Participants will walk away with a results-oriented action plan that they can begin to apply immediately.
Theo Gilbert-Jamison is Chief Executive Officer for Performance Solutions by Design, a global performance consulting firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. She is also a highly sought after keynote speaker, and the author of several leadership books, to include: The Six Principles of Service Excellence, and The Leadership Book of Numbers (Volumes 1&2). Prior to launching Performance Solutions by Design in 2003, Theo was Vice President of Training & Organizational Effectiveness for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. During a 17-year career with The Ritz-Carlton, she oversaw the daily operations of The Ritz‑Carlton Leadership Center and was also responsible for the company’s worldwide learning and development strategies.
Today, Theo works closely with a diverse group of organizations, ranging from automotive, legal and financial services, to education, hospitality, healthcare, professional golf and luxury retail; and is currently working on her fourth book, Becoming a Level Three Organization.
We have a new title that we feel is more inclusive, but please don't get confused. We still meet in Gwinnett and serve the NE Atlanta/Gwinnett/Athens to Forsyth area. Please join us!
We have a new location, still in Gwinnett and still easy to find!
The Busbee International Technology Center at Gwinnett Technical College
Building 700, Room 1203
If coming East on Hwy. 316:
- Exit at Sugarloaf Parkway exit and take a left at the top of the ramp.
- Stay in the left lane (but do not enter the first entrance to the campus).
- Proceed through the first traffic light at the Lakes Parkway intersection.
- Turn left at the next traffic light and enter the north entrance of the campus (the entrance is directly across the street from an apartment complex).
- The Busbee Center (Building 700) will be the building located to your right.
- Room 1203
If coming North on Interstate 85:
- Exit 105 (GA 120 E) to Lawrenceville and merge onto Duluth Hwy (Hwy 120).
- Follow the NW/GA120 E exit to Sugarloaf Parkway.
- Turn left at the traffic light onto Sugarloaf Parkway.
- Proceed to the next traffic light and make a right turn into the campus entrance.
The Busbee Center (Building 700) will be located on your right.
- Room 1203
If coming South on Interstate 85:
- Proceed on I-85 south to Sugarloaf Parkway
- Take Old Peachtree Rd EXIT 109 toward Sugarloaf Pkway
- Keep left to take the ramp toward Sugarloaf Parkway
- Keep right to take the Sugarloaf Parkway Ramp
- Turn left onto Sugarloaf Parkway NW.
- Gwinnett Technical College will be approximately two miles.
- •Turn right at the first entrance (North Entrance) to the campus.
- The Busbee Center (Building 700) will be located on your right.
- Room 1203
When using Mapquest or GPR services, please enter the following address:
5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30043