Position Title: Program Manager, Learning Development
Organization Name: Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO)
Level: Mid Level
Summary of Job Level: Program Manager
This level of the program manager family applies in-depth understanding of the business and specialty knowledge to analyze the long-term business impact of new/anticipated strategies. Analysis of business objectives and strategic direction to resolve problems is integrated at this level. The business is affected through regularly providing advice or counsel to senior management. This level leads and contributes to operational standards. In addition, this level contributes to the development of innovative approaches to broad design issues that support strategic business objectives.
Summary of Purpose / Full Job Description Notes:
- Leads and coordinates the development, management, and improvement of multiple programs, processes and procedures important to the mission and strategy of the organization. Develops high-quality work products, completes assigned tasks, and communicates cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. Develops a deep knowledge of programs and processes related to their assigned specialty area.
- Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of leadership and industry training, except implementation. This may include needs analysis, curriculum development, course design and development, and evaluation of courses serving participants ranging from Boards of Directors to individual contributors.
- Serve on teams working to build comprehensive leadership development solutions. This includes cross-discipline teams to develop innovative solutions for leadership training, development, and continuous improvement to meet future challenges
- Develops/revises courses or modules according to Systematic Approach to Training (SAT)/ADDIE principles
- Prepare comprehensive instructional materials and courseware (e.g. instructional design documents, instructor materials, participant materials, storyboards, templates, models, prototypes, style guides, case studies, simulations, learning modules, video scripts, webinars, social media materials, etc.).
- Works on teams to design and develop quality learning curricula, courses and courseware for industry-wide training using the full spectrum of learning interventions, methods, and systems that can be used for addressing leadership development learning needs.
- Work on concurrent projects with senior program manager to design and develop training.
- Work with senior program manager to develop and execute change management plans for industry training.
- Interface with a broad spectrum of personnel from senior leadership to subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to identify training needs and develop training solutions
- Prepare information for meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Interface with INPO senior managers, utility and other personnel at all levels
- Participate in industry-related seminars, meetings and workshops to improve knowledge and skills in assigned specialty area
- Identify gaps and assist in developing action plans to improve programs, processes and procedures including escalation to key stakeholders as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of management processes and leadership development
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and learning styles
- Good instructional design skills
- Good communication skills (listen, speak, write)
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict management and consensus-building skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Good meeting facilitation skills
- Proficient in English language
- Ability to apply systems and strategic thinking skills to the challenges of leadership development within organizations; able to see “the big picture” and apply appropriate learning approaches to the organization’s needs
- Ability to advise on overarching leadership development strategies and processes to develop participants to expert levels of leadership. Leadership programs include a large corporate learning environment serving learners of all leadership levels focused on the US, but also serving a limited international clientele.
- Ability to execute the Systematic Approach to Training process to create new learning deliverables or revise existing ones
- Ability to develop supporting documentation for each phase of the ADDIE process
- Ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to handle multiple duties and emergent work in a professional, timely manner
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams/groups
- Ability to work and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive/private information
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships
- Ability to set goals and determine how to accomplish defined results
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of industry concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to effectively use and manage technology
- Procurement and contracting
Education, Licenses, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology or related field
- Experience independently designing and developing training in various formats such as eLearning, videos, instructor- led training, and simulations.
- Experience independently revising and developing new training material by using the systematic approach to training, conducting detailed analysis, working with stakeholders, and performing effectiveness evaluations of training.
- Masters degree in relevant program
- Relevant ATD, ISPI, or other professional association certification
- One year of experience as an instructional designer, instructional technologist, leadership trainer or equivalent.
- Project planning experience.
- Two or more years experience as an instructional designer, instructional technologist, leadership trainer or equivalent
- Experience designing, developing, or revising leadership or communication training
- Experience in a talent development environment with an organization recognized for its talent development
- Project management experience and certification
- Two or more years nuclear plant experience
- Meet requirements of 10CFR810
- Pass background check
- May be required to achieve unescorted access to plants
How to Apply